The updates include visa extensions through the smart system, multiple-entry group family visa, renewal, and more
The UAE Federal Authority for Identity, Customs and Ports Security (ICP) announced the implementation of a new package of 15 updates in the smart services system, according to a report by Emirates News Agency (WAM).
The slew of updates come as part of a plan to develop the services system in line with the latest developments, to meet the needs of customers, and to enhance the ability of the authority and the state to cross into the future.
The latest updates include:
- The issuance of group family visas for tourism, treatment, and patient companionship, which are available for both single and multiple entries for a period of 60 days and 180 days.
- Exemption of people of determination citizens from the fingerprinting requirement when applying for passport issuance, renewal, or replacement.
- The visa extension service has also been expanded to allow a 30-day extension for one-time holders of 90-day visas, while prohibiting the renewal of residency visas that are valid for more than 6 months.
- The updated smart services system also provides cancellation and amendment services for visa data in the accounts of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) citizens without Emirates ID.
- Extension of visit visa of a relative or friend for single or multiple entries for a period of 30, 60, and 90 days in their accounts.
Major General Al-Khaili indicated that the new updates were adopted by the authority in the smart services system and its implementation began on February 1, 2023, WAM said, adding that this includes all categories of customers, including citizens, residents and visitors, and aim to provide better services to customers, meet their needs, reunite and take into account the humanitarian dimensions and raise the rate of ease of access for customers.
The authority aims to provide high-quality services to customers and facilitate their lives by developing smart services, and keeping up with the latest developments in this field.
With the new updates, the authority will continue to enhance its services, meet the needs of customers, and ensure the happiness and satisfaction of society.